Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Oshkosh-Neenah, WI market declined by 595 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Oshkosh-Neenah, WI unemployment rate is 42 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 0.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 21,600; -200
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,900; no change
- Business Services: 11,900; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 11,500; +100
- Government: 11,400; +700
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,900; -300
- Construction, Mining: 6,100; no change
- Other Jobs: 5,000; -100
- Financial Services: 4,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.