Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Oshkosh-Neenah, WI market rose by 174 jobs in October and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 2.5%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Oshkosh-Neenah, WI unemployment rate is 90 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 3.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 21,700; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 15,100; +200
- Business Services: 11,900; no change
- Government: 11,900; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 11,400; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.