Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which lost 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Oshkosh-Neenah, WI market declined by 149 jobs in March and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Oshkosh-Neenah, WI unemployment rate is 105 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 3.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 21,400; -200
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,600; no change
- Business Services: 11,800; +100
- Government: 11,700; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 11,200; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,900; +100
- Construction, Mining: 5,600; +100
- Other Jobs: 5,000; no change
- Financial Services: 4,300; no change
- IT & Development: 1,700; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.