Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.0% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Oshkosh-Neenah, WI market declined by 526 jobs in August and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Oshkosh-Neenah, WI unemployment rate is 79 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 2.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 21,800; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,900; no change
- Business Services: 11,900; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 11,400; no change
- Government: 10,700; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 7,200; no change
- Construction, Mining: 6,100; no change
- Other Jobs: 5,100; no change
- Financial Services: 4,300; no change
- IT & Development: 1,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.