Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.3% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 6,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Ocean City, NJ market rose by 6,722 jobs in June and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 90 bps to 4.3%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Ocean City, NJ unemployment rate is 46 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 330 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 13.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 26.0% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 20,300; +6,900
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,200; +1,300
- Government: 8,400; +500
- Education & Healthcare: 4,800; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.