Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.6% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Macon-Bibb County, GA market declined by 271 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 60 bps to 3.6%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Macon-Bibb County, GA unemployment rate is 24 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 160 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 3.7% and are equal compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.5% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 21,900; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,500; no change
- Government: 13,900; +200
- Business Services: 12,400; +300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 11,100; no change
- Financial Services: 9,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.