Overall unemployment rate moved down to 5.0% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 4,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV market declined by 227 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 5.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV unemployment rate is 125 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 530 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 8.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 267,700; +1,800
- Transportation & Utilities: 203,900; -1,600
- Business Services: 157,100; +4,800
- Education & Healthcare: 110,700; -1,300
- Government: 105,600; +100
- Construction, Mining: 71,300; +2,300
- Financial Services: 56,700; -400
- Other Jobs: 28,900; -200
- Manufacturing: 27,100; +200
- IT & Development: 11,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.