Overall unemployment rate moved down to 5.6% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 4,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV market rose by 12,102 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 5.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV unemployment rate is 182 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 280 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 7.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 279,600; +4,800
- Transportation & Utilities: 207,000; -1,100
- Business Services: 159,000; +1,200
- Education & Healthcare: 112,600; -500
- Government: 99,300; -500
- Construction, Mining: 75,700; +500
- Financial Services: 58,000; +200
- Manufacturing: 29,000; +300
- Other Jobs: 28,600; -500
- IT & Development: 11,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.