Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 5.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 4,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV market rose by 6,036 jobs in April and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV unemployment rate is 166 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 480 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in April versus prior month by 9.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 270,900; +4,500
- Transportation & Utilities: 204,800; -200
- Business Services: 158,800; +2,100
- Education & Healthcare: 110,800; +300
- Government: 105,400; -300
- Construction, Mining: 72,700; +1,600
- Financial Services: 57,100; +300
- Other Jobs: 28,700; -100
- Manufacturing: 27,400; +300
- IT & Development: 11,400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.