Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.7% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Lake Havasu City-Kingman, AZ market rose by 510 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 80 bps to 4.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Lake Havasu City-Kingman, AZ unemployment rate is 86 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 180 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 7.9% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 13,700; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 9,300; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,400; -100
- Government: 7,700; -100
- Construction, Mining: 4,400; no change
- Business Services: 4,100; +100
- Manufacturing: 3,100; +100
- Financial Services: 2,100; no change
- Other Jobs: 2,000; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.