Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.1% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Killeen-Temple, TX market declined by 897 jobs in May and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 4.1%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Killeen-Temple, TX unemployment rate is 72 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 150 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 3.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Government: 38,700; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 28,700; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 24,000; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 17,900; +300
- Business Services: 13,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 7,800; no change
- Construction, Mining: 7,300; no change
- Financial Services: 6,200; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,900; no change
- IT & Development: 1,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.