Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.0% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Kennewick-Richland, WA market rose by 49 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 4.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Kennewick-Richland, WA unemployment rate is 68 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 1.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.5% . Key sectors include:
- Business Services: 23,900; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,800; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 19,400; +100
- Government: 18,300; +500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 13,300; no change
- Construction, Mining: 10,800; -300
- Manufacturing: 9,000; +100
- Financial Services: 4,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.