Overall unemployment rate moved down to 6.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Kennewick-Richland, WA market rose by 2,222 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 6.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Kennewick-Richland, WA unemployment rate is 225 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 5.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Business Services: 21,700; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,600; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 18,900; +200
- Government: 18,900; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 12,100; +300
- Construction, Mining: 10,600; +200
- Manufacturing: 8,400; +100
- Financial Services: 4,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 3,600; no change
- IT & Development: 700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.