Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.0% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Kennewick-Richland, WA market declined by 2,005 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 4.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Kennewick-Richland, WA unemployment rate is 22 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 170 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 0.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Business Services: 23,600; +200
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,600; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 19,200; +100
- Government: 18,400; -400
- Restaurants & Hotels: 13,300; +200
- Construction, Mining: 11,100; +100
- Manufacturing: 8,900; +100
- Financial Services: 4,200; -100
- Other Jobs: 3,800; no change
- IT & Development: 700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.