Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 2,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC market declined by 2,186 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC unemployment rate is 88 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 3.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 82,100; -100
- Business Services: 73,200; +1,900
- Manufacturing: 60,700; +100
- Government: 58,600; -2,000
- Education & Healthcare: 53,900; +400
- Restaurants & Hotels: 46,800; +900
- Financial Services: 22,000; +200
- Construction, Mining: 19,500; +200
- Other Jobs: 15,500; +100
- IT & Development: 7,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.