Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.3% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, AR-MO market rose by 1,665 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 2.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, AR-MO unemployment rate is 145 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 4.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 62,100; +300
- Business Services: 57,300; no change
- Government: 40,800; +200
- Manufacturing: 31,700; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 30,700; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 27,000; +400
- Construction, Mining: 13,800; +200
- Other Jobs: 9,800; -100
- Financial Services: 8,900; no change
- IT & Development: 2,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.