Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 2.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, AR-MO market rose by 1,770 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, AR-MO unemployment rate is 98 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.1% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 62,600; +100
- Business Services: 59,400; +1,500
- Government: 36,300; -1,900
- Manufacturing: 31,900; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 31,100; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 27,500; no change
- Construction, Mining: 14,100; -100
- Other Jobs: 10,100; +100
- Financial Services: 9,300; +100
- IT & Development: 2,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.