Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.4% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Evansville, IN-KY market rose by 902 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.4%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Evansville, IN-KY unemployment rate is 38 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 9.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.5%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 30,900; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 28,700; +200
- Manufacturing: 22,400; +200
- Business Services: 20,200; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 15,900; -100
- Government: 15,000; -1,000
- Construction, Mining: 9,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,100; +100
- Financial Services: 6,100; no change
- IT & Development: 1,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.