Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.6% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Evansville, IN-KY market rose by 1,972 jobs in February and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Evansville, IN-KY unemployment rate is 154 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 180 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 7.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 31,300; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 28,200; +400
- Manufacturing: 22,300; no change
- Business Services: 19,700; +200
- Government: 16,200; +600
- Restaurants & Hotels: 15,100; +300
- Construction, Mining: 9,000; +100
- Other Jobs: 6,900; no change
- Financial Services: 6,100; +100
- IT & Development: 1,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.