Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.2% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Evansville, IN-KY market rose by 1,724 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 2.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Evansville, IN-KY unemployment rate is 114 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 150 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in April versus prior month by 5.8% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 31,300; -300
- Education & Healthcare: 28,300; no change
- Manufacturing: 22,400; +200
- Business Services: 19,900; +400
- Government: 16,500; +300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 15,700; +500
- Construction, Mining: 9,400; +300
- Other Jobs: 6,900; no change
- Financial Services: 6,100; no change
- IT & Development: 1,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.