Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.4% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY market rose by 379 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY unemployment rate is 62 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 110 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -2.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 12,000; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,600; no change
- Manufacturing: 7,400; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,900; +100
- Business Services: 5,900; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 5,700; +100
- Construction, Mining: 2,500; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.