Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY market rose by 336 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 4.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY unemployment rate is 6 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in February versus prior month by -2.9% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 11,800; +200
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,400; -100
- Manufacturing: 7,400; +100
- Business Services: 5,800; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 5,600; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,500; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.