Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.6% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY market rose by 62 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 80 bps to 3.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY unemployment rate is 26 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in April versus prior month by -2.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.0% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 12,100; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,400; no change
- Manufacturing: 7,400; no change
- Business Services: 5,900; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,700; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 5,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,300; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.