Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 16,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX market rose by 15,101 jobs in May and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX unemployment rate is 8 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 180 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 5.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 881,700; +4,400
- Business Services: 747,700; +9,400
- Education & Healthcare: 481,300; -2,400
- Government: 452,500; -1,500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 421,900; +16,300
- Financial Services: 364,500; +2,300
- Manufacturing: 296,500; +2,300
- Construction, Mining: 233,300; +1,300
- Other Jobs: 132,100; +2,200
- IT & Development: 85,900; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.