Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 12,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX market declined by 7,387 jobs in August and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX unemployment rate is 9 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 3.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 891,200; +900
- Business Services: 760,300; -2,700
- Education & Healthcare: 493,700; +4,700
- Government: 439,600; +12,800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 419,400; -11,100
- Financial Services: 369,800; -1,700
- Manufacturing: 300,300; -1,400
- Construction, Mining: 230,300; -2,000
- Other Jobs: 133,400; -700
- IT & Development: 87,700; -600
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.