Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.5% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 2,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Colorado Springs, CO market rose by 1,176 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.5%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Colorado Springs, CO unemployment rate is 34 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 300 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 4.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 54,300; -1,000
- Business Services: 52,100; +400
- Transportation & Utilities: 48,600; +600
- Education & Healthcare: 43,500; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 41,500; +2,200
- Other Jobs: 19,700; +200
- Financial Services: 19,100; -100
- Construction, Mining: 19,100; +300
- Manufacturing: 11,900; no change
- IT & Development: 5,400; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.