Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 7,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN market declined by 1,908 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN unemployment rate is 2 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 60 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 5.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 223,300; -700
- Business Services: 174,000; -400
- Education & Healthcare: 165,500; +1,600
- Government: 131,300; +7,800
- Manufacturing: 118,500; +500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 116,600; -2,800
- Financial Services: 75,000; -1,100
- Construction, Mining: 52,400; -900
- Other Jobs: 38,300; -200
- IT & Development: 14,400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.