Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 6,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN market rose by 5,984 jobs in May and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN unemployment rate is 38 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 4.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.7% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 223,900; -400
- Business Services: 176,000; +2,800
- Education & Healthcare: 164,200; +400
- Government: 125,000; -3,600
- Restaurants & Hotels: 117,400; +6,300
- Manufacturing: 117,400; +500
- Financial Services: 76,600; +400
- Construction, Mining: 51,800; -200
- Other Jobs: 38,400; +1,600
- IT & Development: 13,900; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.