Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 3,400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN market rose by 3,291 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN unemployment rate is 12 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 90 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 6.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 224,300; -300
- Business Services: 173,700; -2,200
- Education & Healthcare: 162,500; -1,200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 123,000; +2,400
- Government: 118,000; -3,400
- Manufacturing: 117,800; +100
- Financial Services: 76,600; +600
- Construction, Mining: 54,600; +1,500
- Other Jobs: 38,400; -200
- IT & Development: 14,300; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.