Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 3,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN market declined by 9,758 jobs in August and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.8%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN unemployment rate is 1 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 50 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 6.2% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 224,500; +200
- Business Services: 173,900; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 163,700; +800
- Government: 121,900; +3,800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 119,600; -3,800
- Manufacturing: 118,100; +400
- Financial Services: 76,100; +100
- Construction, Mining: 53,300; -1,200
- Other Jobs: 38,300; -100
- IT & Development: 14,400; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.