Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Bloomsburg-Berwick, PA market rose by 451 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 4.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Bloomsburg-Berwick, PA unemployment rate is 45 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 190 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 13% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.1% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,400; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 7,100; no change
- Government: 5,900; +200
- Manufacturing: 4,800; no change
- Business Services: 4,400; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 3,100; +100
- Construction, Mining: 1,200; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.