Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Bend-Redmond, OR market declined by 536 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Bend-Redmond, OR unemployment rate is 58 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 10 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 0.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 16,800; -500
- Education & Healthcare: 15,400; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 14,700; -500
- Business Services: 10,300; -100
- Government: 10,000; +1,400
- Construction, Mining: 8,500; -100
- Manufacturing: 6,000; -100
- Financial Services: 5,600; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.