Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Bend-Redmond, OR market rose by 645 jobs in March and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Bend-Redmond, OR unemployment rate is 25 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 290 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 4.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 16,600; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 15,200; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 13,500; +300
- Business Services: 10,300; no change
- Government: 9,600; +100
- Construction, Mining: 8,100; +100
- Manufacturing: 5,900; no change
- Financial Services: 5,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 3,000; no change
- IT & Development: 1,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.