Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.6% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 1,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC market rose by 1,565 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC unemployment rate is 15 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 2.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 43,600; -200
- Government: 43,400; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 35,200; +200
- Business Services: 32,400; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 26,500; +1,000
- Manufacturing: 23,800; -100
- Construction, Mining: 18,300; +100
- Other Jobs: 8,600; no change
- Financial Services: 6,600; no change
- IT & Development: 2,000; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.