Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 8,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA market rose by 26,959 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 2.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA unemployment rate is 82 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 5.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 642,000; +2,200
- Business Services: 597,400; -4,100
- Education & Healthcare: 392,300; +1,100
- Government: 339,400; +8,500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 293,400; -700
- Financial Services: 196,800; +100
- Manufacturing: 176,900; +500
- Construction, Mining: 133,000; -200
- IT & Development: 123,400; +300
- Other Jobs: 101,700; -1,100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.