Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 5,400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA market declined by 3,341 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA unemployment rate is 50 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 6.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 646,000; +3,900
- Business Services: 603,000; +4,500
- Education & Healthcare: 396,600; +4,300
- Government: 342,300; +3,000
- Restaurants & Hotels: 298,500; +5,400
- Financial Services: 199,300; +2,500
- Manufacturing: 177,000; -300
- Construction, Mining: 134,900; +1,800
- IT & Development: 124,100; +500
- Other Jobs: 101,600; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.