Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.2% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 14,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA market rose by 30,023 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA unemployment rate is 94 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 7.2% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 629,000; +1,100
- Business Services: 583,600; +14,300
- Education & Healthcare: 385,100; +3,400
- Government: 332,400; +1,800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 276,800; +8,100
- Financial Services: 192,400; +1,800
- Manufacturing: 173,700; +1,900
- Construction, Mining: 132,400; -2,200
- IT & Development: 116,400; +2,600
- Other Jobs: 100,900; +1,300
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.