Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.4% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 6,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA market declined by 720 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 80 bps to 2.4%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA unemployment rate is 94 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 170 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in April versus prior month by 9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 633,800; +700
- Business Services: 591,700; +6,200
- Education & Healthcare: 387,300; +400
- Government: 333,800; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 282,500; +2,500
- Financial Services: 191,600; +200
- Manufacturing: 174,700; -100
- Construction, Mining: 132,600; -600
- IT & Development: 119,900; +2,100
- Other Jobs: 101,100; -600
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.